WHAT ARE THE SNS DENTAL VOUCHERS?
The Vouchers were created under the Portuguese National Program for the Promotion of Oral Health, created by the Portuguese National Health Service (SNS), with the objective of evaluating and reducing the incidence and prevalence of oral diseases, that is, seeking to improve the oral health of the Portuguese.
PNPSO, born in 2009, provides for the attribution of dentist vouchers to certain groups of the Portuguese population.
The Dental Vouchers are a “guide” that gives privileged access to a varied set of dental care in the area of Dentistry through the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of oral diseases.
CAN I BENEFIT FROM THIS PROGRAM?
PNPSO provides access to oral health care across a range of population segments. You can benefit from this program if you join the following groups
- Children under 7 years old
- Children aged 10 years
- Children aged 13
- 16 year olds
- 18 year olds
- Children and young people under 7 years. of 8, 9, 11, 12, 14 and 15 years
- Pregnant women accompanied at the National Health Service
- Users infected with the HIV / AIDS virus
- Early intervention in oral cancer
HOW DO I HAVE ACCESS TO VOUCHERS?
Vouchers are generated by the National Health Service and are handed to you by your General Practitioner at the health center of the residence area or at school to the groups of persons for whom it is intended. If you meet the clinical criteria and program requirements, the General Practitioner issues the guide to accessing oral health care in an office or clinic.
HOW MANY VOUCHERS IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE ACCESS?
Depending on the group you are entering you will be entitled to a different number of queries:
- At the age of 7 you have the right to two Vouchers
- At the age of 10 you have the right to two Vouchers
- At the age o13 you have the right to three Vouchers
- At the age of 16 you have the right to one Voucher
- At the age of 18 you have the right to one Voucher
- Intermediate ages to one Voucher
- Pregnant women are entitled to three Vouchers
- Young people infected with HIV / AIDS are entitled to six Vouchers
- Seniors have the right to two Vouchers
WHAT TREATMENTS CAN I DO?
With this Vouchers you can have, free of charge, several types of treatments, such as:
- Preventive treatments
- Root canal treatments
Until the age of 7, only treatments are carried out on milk teeth and thereafter on definitive teeth.